[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - 'Censoring' gone to far

'Censoring' gone to far

General discussion about Kreatious!

'Censoring' gone to far

by toastersmasher » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Note, there will be some examples of censoring, so if you'll ban me, just look away. I need some examples to get my point across.
Spoiler:
Ok, so I think this 'No Censoring' thing has gone to far. Seriously, I'm going to say if stuff is ok, and not ok. For example, saying d*mn or dayum probably shouldn't be ok. Why can't you put some stars? Sure if you want to keep the environment kid friendly, kids won't know what stars are. Just saying **** or *#$%! should be allowed. Just saying, we should lax what's considered inappropriate censoring, because people should be allowed to say something other than 'darn!' or 'shucks!' when they're mad.

Hate me and even ban me all you want, I'm just saying we should lax the rules a bit, please say your opinion, even though I know I'm going to get a lot of punishment from every donor, mod, and veteran.
toastersmasher

Re: 'Censoring' gone to far

by ProPanua » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:58 pm

You ate my words and spit them out lol.
Kreatious sounds little Russian where swearing in arts and TV is illegal.
AKA ProPanua
ProPanua
Resident

by 007coolcube » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm

This is a child friendly server. Any form of censoring or swear is not allowed. Period. Your point is invalid.
Also mods don't care for damn or dayum or w/e you use.
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by Nezark123 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:16 am

Damn and ass are fine to use, as long as they're not used to verbally attack someone, which isn't ok regardless of if you use those words. As for censoring, if we lax under circumstances then it's hard to enforce in other circumstances. It's much easier to stop all censoring than to try and make a decision every circumstance.

On a "yay go our server! :D" note, if you donate and get donor chat, swearing is allowed.

If you don't like these rules, I'm sorry but for the sake of the community it's best this way.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by toastersmasher » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:18 am

toastersmasher

by maxmmm1501 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:25 am

The whole Idea behind the no censoring is the implication of the word, when you censor you are implying the word that you censor, and anybody that's heard it before understands what your saying.
maxmmm1501

by toastersmasher » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:41 am

toastersmasher

by maxmmm1501 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:57 am

Curious people may go to find out what ***n is, (using damn for obvious reasons)
but yea, if they see it used all the time, they will eventually wonder what it means, look it up, and start using it.
maxmmm1501

Return to General Discussion