Denied Ban Appeals will be moved here

Moderator: Moderator

masy's ban appeal

by masy1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am

Your in-game name: masy1, alts too.
Person who banned you: Ric
Reason given for ban: 7/9 4:36 Ban by Ric914 for: 12h - spamming chat with alts
Reason(s) you should be unbanned:

First off, I would like to say that I had not been given any warning or indication that what I was doing was wrong. Also, I was offline when I was banned. I tried to log on, but then I see this ban for "spamming" with alts. Again, I knew that you were online at the time when I was on alternate accounts, but you never told me to stop or anything of the sort.

Also, this wasn't an issue with more than one account online at a time. I logged out each one before logging in the other, and this account wasn't online either.

All I did was log on an alt at a time, just having fun and pretending to be a newbie. I was friendly, and did not cause any problems. All i did was talk to a few people in global chat on each alt, such as siderpig. Although I was pretending to be a new person, everyone in global was fully aware that I was masy, and we were just enjoying ourselves talking in global.

I don't see how I was spamming,
Spoiler:
unless
it was because
I type like this
in-game.

It didn't bother anyone that the new player message was being played, and it wasn't constantly.
It wasn't like this
Spoiler:
MasyAlt has joined kreatious for the first time!
MasyAlt2 has joined kreatious for the first time!

[G][[RandomPerson[ClanTag]]: lolhi.
MasyAlt3 has joined kreatious for the first time!
MasyAlt4 has joined kreatious for the first time!
MasyAlt5 has joined kreatious for the first time!

But more like this
Spoiler:
MasyAlt has joined kreatious for the first time!
[G][[Rank@Person[ClanTag]]: message
MasyAlt has left kreatious
MasyAlt2 has joined kreatious for the first time!
MasyAlt2 has left kreatious

You get the idea.

Again, I would like to be given a good reason as to why I was banned, and why it was for 12 hours as I did not have anything on my getwarn that should indicate that my first ban be for 12 hours...
masy1
Veteran Donor

Re: masy's ban appeal

by SDOR3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:21 am

Your story seems to check out for the most part. Only thing I can't say I know for sure is what exactly you were doing in chat, as I wasn't on at the time when you were banned, nor when you were talking in chat on your alts. I do know that you like to get on alts and have fun rather often, however I don't understand why you would be banned for 12 hours for spamming, especially when your getwarn shows no indication of a previous ban for spamming that would warrant a 12 hour ban. (The previous ban would have to be 6 hours, and to get to that level you'd have to spam an awful lot.) Previous bans of similar offenses are usually doubled, 30m, 1h, 2h, 4h, etc. Only real exception to this is if a user has done something really bad, and spamming generally wouldn't earn you a 12 hour ban unless you accumulated previous bans for it. There seems to be one ban for spam, however it's only for 1 second, with the message 'le spam', which I can't tell if it's a troll ban or not, regardless, the next ban for spam shouldn't have been 12 hours. Originally, when you said you were not online at the time of your ban, I assumed maybe you were being banned off of screenshots, however there was no link in your getwarn to the screenshot, which generally is added as a note after a player is banned from a screenshot. You also could have been banned for not being online at the time when the spam was noticed, but once again as I said above, that wouldn't be a 12 hour ban. As for what's going to happen, I'm going to wait for the opinions of a couple other moderators, and Ric himself, I'm sure he had a reason.
SDOR3

by Nezark123 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:59 am

Frankly I didn't read Sdor's post cuz block paragraph = no plz. If I repeat what he said then so be it

The other day you were spam logging in alts, not necessarily "spamming chat" persay, but just several repetitive new players that we thought might actually contribute, but then we'd check the ip, nope its just masy, you'd log off within 10 seconds and repeat. You weren't talking then with the alts, just making them all be logged on for like 10 seconds, then leave. There was literally no point to you making every alt log in. It was just annoying to watch all the "new players" actually be masy doing routine logins.

I wasn't there for this one so idk how similar it was. I don't think its worth a 12h ban, I don't know enough about ric's reasoning to decide if its banworthy at all.

There you go that's my opinion
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by Ric914 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

I was annoyed that every new player was you and I considered you logging in with an alt and typing a few messages then leaving to get a new alt spam.

I'm sorry that I didn't say anything before placing the ban but I don't feel like I did anything wrong. I also didn't want to ban each of your alts so I decided to just place it on masy which I assumed was your main account. 1 hour per alt + 3 for you.

If you still feel like I did something wrong, go talk to zerg about it but by the time I posted this your 12 hour already have passed.
Ric914
Veteran

by SDOR3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Moved this topic seeing as it's already resolved.
SDOR3

Return to Denied Ban Appeals