[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Demote inactive veterans?

Demote inactive veterans?

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Re: Demote inactive veterans?

by Alptunga » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Alptunga

by snowbrdd » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:54 pm

As far as I can determine, the entire voting system is inherently flawed. The final stage is publicly biased with mods spamming info. (You know who you are.) The previous stages are going to be flawed as well, as it is more or less the same thing with the nominating. People nominating their buddies and so forth.

As kenny was saying, a entire rework of the system might be necessary, however a community based veteran isn't the way to solve it. Lets face it, the server isn't setup to be very good at community events like pvp tournaments. With it being vanilla, there aren't many plugins and such to make this happen.

The next issue we have is the citizen rank. A rank that is relatively meaningless. On a scale it goes from Default -> RSD -> CTZ -> Donor -> vet and so forth.
The citizen rank is a manually promoted rank that is obtained after 52 weeks of activity. Not all in a row mind you, it can be done over two years. However many many citizens don't do much so this rank can't have people expected to do it due to being granted by time.

I personally don't have a solution for this, but these are just some problems to think about.
snowbrdd
Donor

by angomango21 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Rsd>CTZN>Donor>Vtn hmmmm it's not always like that...

Some players skip donor but what not don't listen to me
angomango21
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Most players skip ctzn too...
that is the order of importance/level, not the order you have to get them in.
maxmmm1501

by FPSrusher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:48 am

I think Vtns should be picked from people who have really contributed and continue to contribute to the community stiff like:

Vtn Requirements

Contribution factors like:
-How active they are
-How much do they vote (make like 40+votes a month a written requirement?)
-How helpful they are to other players
-(maybe) Have they ever donated?
-(maybe) Have they made something that helps out the community
Honesty factors
-Do they get banned?
-Are they causing fights?
-Have they scammed people?
-Do they go too far when they troll people? (this one hurts me :? )
Old Timer factors
-1 year+
-500 hours+
-Knowledge on server History Commands and Rules so they can explain 'Why' if someone asks them about something.

Most of those are written requirements already.

Lastly as this thread is a thing about de-moating inactive Vtns yes, if they are not active they are not helping the server anymore or contributing anymore, not only that but a large percent of the playerbase does not know them and therefor does not trust them.
Like I said before, if the person wen't through the vtn votes again and could not get it then maybe they should not be a vtn.

Here's the thing though, those players worked hard to get the rank, they were trusted in the past, and should not be dropped back down to Rsd or Ctzn thats just asking for rage when they start playing again, so, how about a new rank;
Retired:
-A rank for ex-mods or ex-vtns who don't play anymore.
-If a retired person comes back to stay on the server and is poping a good amount of hours per month, they should be
put back in the vtn votes for the next vtns because of their past good actions and support to the server
-Can do the same command stuff as a vtn they just don't have the shiny dark green title.
This means there should be no rage from players who come back and see that they were de-moated, I know if I quit for a bit and then came back I would understand why I was put in.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by emeraldcreeper10 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:50 am

I see a ton of Vtns who get it and literally the next day, they're gone forever. Vtn is a rank for honest, kind, good players who have been constantly contributing to the server. I second Icefang and FPS, inactive Vtns who don't come on and help players anymore shouldn't get it. Maybe 6-11 months away from the server is a good amount to demote a Vtn. Maybe the requirements should change. I thought of some ideas:

-RSD+
-Good players that help, are honest, kind, exc.
-People who constantly contribute to the server
-Voting as much as possible if not daily
-Possibly donated in the past
-Ban limit- Never banned before or accidentally kicked/banned
emeraldcreeper10

by WhosPro » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 am

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.. After that, WHO CARES. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Join Mist Clan Today!
WhosPro
Resident

by FPSrusher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:40 am

FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by FPSrusher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 am

FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by iExspee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:06 am

I think it's a really good idea. People that are no longer playing on the server, or have been inactive for a long time should be demoted.

I believe the entirety of the veteran rank system needs to be revamped and improved. I know we keep the changing the requirements for veteran and what you REALLY need to get it, but I think it needs to be printed somewhere on the forums. It's also quite likely it will update quite frequently, so we need someone staying on top of the topic.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion