[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Demote inactive veterans?

Demote inactive veterans?

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Re: Demote inactive veterans?

by malandrix_bunny » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Why not.
I mean right now it seems to be more of a title than a position. It's like hey you have veteran, you have or had a lot of friends. Vets should be more focused on people who help the community. I know this is a stretch, but maybe make a simple command that allows people send vets a "ticket" with their problems. This could be active when a CMod+ is offline. When a vet solves an issue the person with the problem could either upvote or downvote the service that they received. After awhile Mod+ and zerg can choose who seems to actually be here as a veteran for all the players.

Just an idea...
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by masy1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 pm

masy1
Veteran Donor

by WhosPro » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:09 am

Honestly, Why not demote them? They're inactive for a fairly large amount of time after they got a respected and hard-to-achieve rank.

That basically sums up my thoughts for this post, and I probably won't post here again..
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.. After that, WHO CARES. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Join Mist Clan Today!
WhosPro
Resident

by pyrusbrawler30 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:34 am

I May be more towards the inactive side at this point, but i'd still like to pitch a bit toward this.

I'm sure every person who's commented on this post knows that our current system has some flaws, for greater or less. But i feel every time we try to make some kind of a change, we pull a 'change' that just puts off the problem, as opposed to solving it. (the every-other-month-vote for example.) I can agree to things that have been stated, many players feel like taking away a rank they have due to inactivity is kind of a stab in the back, but it does also make some sense. But does being inactive make a player not a veteran anymore? I'd like to put myself out there, I fall under the inactive category now, but when i hop on every now and then i try to lend at least 1 person a hand, with whatever it may be. can veterans not do the same? If they've been presented with this rank, they need to uphold it.

It is one thing to take away a rank due to the player going against it, but it's another to take it away when the player left, but would still uphold it should they return. It's a very touchy subject, and it would really need to come down to instead of one forum post, a several times visited discussion, perhaps over teamspeak. It seems the staff have always been the best they have when they were together, as is the community. So perhaps for a subject as oddball as it is, an in-person meeting(s) may be needed. I'd rather have us all revisit this several times, to make sure we get this right before we go re-vamping the system.

I may just be beating a dead horse with re-sating ideas, but I'd just like to voice my agreements/disagreements.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by SirDukem » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm for losing a veteran title due to inactivity. I typed up a long reply, and realized it wasn't necessary :)

I put it below in case you were super bored

Spoiler:
It definitely is a touchy subject! The only way to make every single person happy, would to have a grandfather claus in the Veteran promotoion.

But, as somebody who's been inactive for a large period of time (about a year), I can see both sides of the argument.

Coming back, I'm re-learning new blocks, new crafting, and enchanting. However, I still know the server rules, and how the server is supposed to run. So, I can help people on some questions, and not others.

With google being easily accessible, helping people with crafting questions usually isn't a big deal. 98% of the time, I can help a player, even though I haven't been active in so long.

I feel like I've helped the server quite a lot before I was inactive, but now there's a lot of fresh faces, I don't recognize the majority of names on the server, and they don't recognize me. I'm meeting the new people of the server however, and after a couple weeks of playing again, I'm comfortable enough to talk with people, and know what kind of sense of humor they have (whether I can joke around with them or not).

Back to the issue at hand, I wouldn't completely be opposed to a demotion of rank, and when I became a veteran many years ago, it was a little different process than it is now. Back then it was determined by staff, and now it's a public vote, so the way I got to veteran status was helping people, and the staff thought that I could help more with the green name, and back then it was more of a position. Veterans would be seeked out to answer questions, while mods could handle the griefs and what not (this was before Zerg refined his plug-in). Mostly people seek out mods for answers now days, or already have the answer, thanks to the game being older and most are familiar with it.

So, Veteran rank? I'd be ok with losing my Veteran title after inactivity. Since it's mostly a popularity contest now days, it shouldn't be too hard to get back to the rank! eh?! ;)
SirDukem
Veteran

by NoMa187 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Well I suppose it is a good idea, but if you demote inactive veterans then inactive mods should also be demoted if you ask me. It is not very consistent to only go and demote inactive veterans.
Also, People say that veteran votes are now a a popularity contest. I was promoted to Vtn during the first Vtn Votes in November 2011.Which back then were legitimate and I therefore think that the Vtn's/Mods (who are inactive) which were promoted around that period of time should have an inimpeachable status
NoMa187
Veteran

by Epicface_2 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:58 am

I agree with demoting inactive veterans. The whole point of veterans are that they know stuff, they've been here a while, and they can help people. None of these things are being done if the veteran doesn't play. Perhaps the inactive veteran could get veteran back if they re-join kreatious and play consistently for 3-6 months, without the usual voting process. That way they could learn to help again.

Epicface_2
Resident

by mrkoo1 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:46 am

I completely agree with Kenny, all of those rules should apply to any veterans, and to veterans on in the future. Like Kenny said people can easily bribe their way to the top even if that have no experience what so ever. A possible solution to stop the bribing ( now I'm not saying it's a good idea ) is to have the players on kreatious be honest. We have to rely on the players reporting any bribes and maybe even make a rule about no bribing for the rules board.
mrkoo1

by jokim13 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 pm

YES
jokim13

by FINNGGAL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 pm

I think inactive veterans should be demoted after 6 months on playing - not just logging on for 5 mins. I would also LOVE a 'retired' rank. :D
Yay! Ric's user bars work!
I feel so old, so many people who I have never even heard of on this server.

How can imagination be a border?
FINNGGAL
Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion