[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Demote inactive veterans?

Demote inactive veterans?

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Demote inactive veterans?

by zerg960 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm thinking about demoting the inactive veterans...

Thoughts on how long would be considered 'inactive' or thoughts on it in general? Current veterans will have their opinion considered more valuable.
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

Re: Demote inactive veterans?

by dragonslayer1200 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Gone for 6 months or so? Maybe longer. Maybe even a full year. I think it's a good idea, but some people might get mad about it.

Steam: dragonsl1200
PSN: dragonsl1200
dragonslayer1200
Resident

by Icefang113 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Truth be told, I'm not against this. Not speaking for every veteran, but there seem to be a few who play up to the point of veteran and then leave. However there are other veterans who actually play to help out and remain after getting their rank.

The matter of inactivity is difficult. Some veterans like taking breaks so they don't get burned out on the community. Other veterans seem to leave for good or have a very inconsistent time pattern in which they get on. My question on the whole matter is would the set time affect those veterans who have a difficult time pattern and want to give back?

Honestly I don't think inactivity shouldn't be anywhere under a month. However I think that six months to a year is a bit too lenient. My suggestion would be two to three months with a minimum amount of time to prevent players from coming on for five minutes then leaving to make themselves "active".

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

by huskeriniowa » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:28 pm

I agree about demoting inactive veterans. They were made veterans in the first place to be a model for new players and to contribute to the community. If they are not inactive for a viable reason maybe family problems or vacation they should get time off. Someone who is inactive for a while because they are bored of the game should have the possibility of losing the privilege of the status. I think this would encourage veterans to remain active and give back.
Now for the time period of inactivity, I happen to think a month may be a little short. Two to three months would make sense to me.

Edit* I am kind of a fan of the retirement rank. I think it would ruffle less feathers.
Last edited by huskeriniowa on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskeriniowa

by Nezark123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:46 pm

I agree with pretty much everyone above. Should be a set time that players have to be active in before they're demoted. That way, those burnt out can plan how long their break should be accordingly, rather than leave indefinitely and decide not to return.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by WhosPro » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.. After that, WHO CARES. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Join Mist Clan Today!
WhosPro
Resident

by kieranchocian » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 am

I actually disagree with this entirely. Once someone reaches the rank, they should keep it. Everyone knows that the definition of veteran is someone with a lot of experience in something. Being inactive doesn't negate the experience that one already has. Why should someone have to top up their experience to still be considered to have a lot of experience?

Also, is there a pressing issue about how many veterans there are - is there a reason for the demotions?
kieranchocian
Veteran

by masy1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 am

I actually agree with that completely ^
(kieran's statement)
masy1
Veteran Donor

by FPSrusher » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:04 am

I'm thinking every vtn should be demoted apart from maybe ex mods. here's why, right now the voting system is broken, people are using alts to vote, and with some people having massive lists of accounts, we're talking like 100+ it's very easy for one person to make themselves/someone they like a vtn once they get on the votes. People have been using this legitimately gain the vtn rank in the past and probably still will. Not only this but people have gotten vtn by bribes or being nice to people and once they have the rank they just stop.

Some things need to change before people get de-ranked like:
~votes from only one account per IP.
~no two accounts may have the same email.

if problems persist maybe make votes RSD+ I mean lets face it, RSD is a easy rank to get and I don't think you could really get a good opinion of a player, like are they vtn worthy or not when you have >30 hours

So now the votes are fixed, what now? Well, speaking as a vtn all vtns should be de-ranked firstly to make it fair, and also to be honest if you can't get the rank back like you're in-active, not nice to other players, not able to use your alts to get your rank back, not trusted anymore... Then maybe you should not have the rank.
Lastly, I think the rank is no longer what it should be: Someone who is nice to all other players, trustworthy, will help someone at the drop of a hat and has the knowledge to help them, and has been active on the server for a long time.
De-ranking all vtns should mean that only the players who do all this can get the rank back.

Last thing though, some moderators use the rank as sorta a retirement thing, if they have been trustworthy enough to be a mod and have proven themselves, I think they should stay VTN

it'll suck for us vtns at first be it'll be worth it once the respect of the rank in no-longer being brought down by bad players.

My feels go out to Korpi, Silent and Snow who have only been recently voted in XD but if you have already had the rank it should be easier to get it back.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by kenny0011 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:49 am

kenny0011
Donor

Next

Return to Serious Discussion