[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Server rollback to 1.7

Server rollback to 1.7

Server rollback to 1.7

by Neko92 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:32 am

As some of you may or may not know (yet) the server has been rolled back to just before the 1.8 update. This is due to various problems with the 1.8 plugins and maps.

What was wrong?

The lag and crashes, were caused by a problem in the /mine world where chunks were not being unloaded, even when players weren't in/near them. This means the more people explored, the more chunks were loaded which then dropped our ticks per second slowly until we end up crashing

Each time it crashed a few things happened. Either players were having stuff of theirs get duplicated or stuff was just vanishing completely.

There was also problems in the main world old continent that involved duplication glitches with chunks, not just players inventories etc.

Another issue that was happening is each time a Crash occurred it would randomly reset the /mine world to the same map in which players could go back and re-mine diamonds or raid Monuments that they knew the location to. This is in a way of duping which those who have read the rules know is not allowed.

Why couldn't it be fixed?

Our gracious kreatious owner and administrator has taken a vacation with family and will not return till about January 6th. While on this vacation he could not access his home computer to fix the problems and any others not known. The best option he could do remotely from his hotel was to roll back the server to 1.7 Given how many problems there were it was inevitable to be rolled back when he returned anyways. It is better we have a 6 day rollback than a 12 day roll back.

What does this mean?

Simply put the whole server is now as it was about December 26th 2014. Anything done in 1.8 is now gone.
Please do not harass moderators or other players about stuff you lost. They have lost stuff to.
For now you must use 1.7.10 version to play on kreatious.

Please be respectful with your responses of this issue.

May Zerg enjoy the remainder of his vacation
and
Everyone have a Happy New Year!

Neko92
Veteran

Re: Server rollback to 1.7

by Kassu233 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:50 am

despite you insulting the music i listen on skype, (huehuehue) i find this as a really good and an informative post. it tells what it needs to.
Kassu233
Resident

by ShadyVale » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:20 pm

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

by TheKielEnforcer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks for the info! :D
How can you be sure that you never miss your target? Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it your target.- Anonymous
TheKielEnforcer
Resident

by Hrodgard » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:44 am

Is there a estimation yet for when the server will run 1.8?
Hrodgard

Return to Archives