[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - The Nether

The Nether

Should we get a new nether for Old and New Continent?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 11

The Nether

by Minerdomera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I've been thinking lately about the current state of the nether. Many of you may remember when zombie pigmen were accidentally disabled, leading to the ghasts spawning and then nether becoming, well, this:
This isn't all though. Some of you may have also noticed that all nether forts in OC and NC nether are also broken, not spawning blazes or wither skeletons since 1.6.4. So I propose a question: Should we get a new nether for Old and New Continent? Vote and leave your thoughts here.
Last edited by Minerdomera on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minerdomera

Re: The Nether

by Ostricho » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Agreed. The Nether has gotten to a detestable state, and is really just plain ugly. Plus, we can fix the spawns for fortresses, and heck, get new fortresses altogether. I vote yes.
Ostriches, not ostriges. Get it right, folks.
Join Mist Clan today!!!
Ostricho
Veteran

by VVX1000 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Time to clear out my farm then... Though, I still vote nay.
Last edited by VVX1000 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Support Kreatious by:
1. Voting on PMC, MS and MSL!
2. Donating to the server, you get many cool commands and you get to know the server better!
VVX1000

by maxmmm1501 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm

I say no... Not that many people actually spend much time in the nether so they dont really care about what it looks like. After pigman came back, I placed about 10,000 netherrack to make the area around my portal base look nice. If people really care about the nether they could do that for their part. I use the nether to get basically everywhere i need to go thats not near a waypoint, via paths that I or SilEsper have built. Blazes/withers spawn fine in pandora. If we got a new nether, It would also get to look very ugly soon because of people mining netherquartz away creating similar craters that are only different because they arent on fire.
And finally, the netherrail. An enormous amount of work and supplies has gone into this and it is helpful for anyone trying to get around the nether.
Last edited by maxmmm1501 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxmmm1501

by ThisIsMYNameBro » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 am

yes plz teh nether so ugly and destroyed .-. and the spawning rates are definately annoying too
ThisIsMYNameBro
Resident

by GG1LL3S » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:03 am

NOOOOOOO than i wont have a way to get to my old base + SilEsper spend hours and hours building a nether hub in oc nc and pandore and you wanne remove it ? Don't.... Maybe make it if ya see a wrecked area ask a mod to revert it to a nicer area?
GG1LL3S
Veteran Donor

by masy1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Copy + Paste structures ;3
But seriously, no :<
masy1
Veteran Donor

by GG1LL3S » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 pm

GG1LL3S
Veteran Donor

by FPSrusher » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 am

Yes, you're right, the nether has a ton of problems, but re-setting it will not fix these problems.

-All the glowstone and random parts of nether fortresses have been mined by noobs who don't know how to use /mine nether
-Ghast holes everywhere

Noobs will still take the glowstone because they be noobs, only they will take the quartz also so more random holes in the ground.
Ghasts will still fire and make random holes and fire everywhere. Maybe just a bit slower.

I have spent a couple of hundred hours building cool stuff in the nether, most people don't but lets face it, the people who would build in there already have and I for one do not want all my work gone.
Hell, I'm not even close to the amount of time and lives spent working in that hellhole that SilEsper had done.

Re-setting the nether would make a few people happy, mostly people who have not built already and have no intent of ever building there anyway. It would make people who have put in the hours get their jimmies rustled people like CombatWaffles, Me, SilEsper, Crusierman, Ace1craft and many more.

Zerg has done a great job making just very few people mad with the updates/changes he does, I don't know how he does it but I don't think he will be doing anything like this any time soon.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by Minerdomera » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Minerdomera

Next

Return to Archives