[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Waypoint Requirements

Waypoint Requirements

Waypoint Requirements

by Icefang113 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Many people have been asking me for waypoints lately, some seem not to know it's for towns only.
So here are the requirements for getting a waypoint.

1. The waypoint MUST be able to be seen from a 100 block radius and needs to be the standard waypoint statue: e.g. stoneslabs, with a beacon in the middle.
-Here are two waypoints as an example:
Note: we will not give out beacons, you must get them yourself.

2. Your town should be organized and neat, not scattered and unorganized. In simple terms it needs to be aesthetically pleasing.

3. Distance yourself from spawn - refrain from building a town within 500 blocks of spawn, at this point a waypoint ISN'T needed.

4. Number of players isn't a solid requirement, however it will be scaled off the grandiose of your town. For instance, if your town is impressive enough (this is rare) you won't need any residents for your town. If your town doesn't meet these requirements and is more utilitarian you will need residents in your town; the number of required residents will be based off average server activity at the time of request.

(For clarification this requirement is to help ensure that people have a reason to go to waypoint other than using it as a convenient teleport to go somewhere.)

5. Must be pretty. Like katoria, hanakotoba, etc. You know the feeling you get when you go to those places the first time - that kind of pretty!

Note: Any waypoint made after the release of the new continent that doesn't have its beacon will be revoked. Do not remove the beacon from your waypoint.

Waypoints are a way to have people teleport to your town without having /home or /job set there. If an admin/mod says no you should work on your town, not complain to us why you think you deserve one; after all, hard work pays off.
Last edited by Icefang113 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated for clarification

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

Re: Waypoint Requirements

by VVX1000 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 am

These requirements seem reasonable, There will not be many useless waypoints and that would be an overall positive. I have a suggestion for the post itself though, if you don't mind. Wouldn't it be best to pin this topic so it doesn't need to be dug up or remade?

Support Kreatious by:
1. Voting on PMC, MS and MSL!
2. Donating to the server, you get many cool commands and you get to know the server better!
VVX1000

by pyrusbrawler30 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:37 am

Im not sure if this is just me, but i seem to recall somebody saying that if a structure was grand enough, t could be assigned a waypoint on it's own. Is this true?
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by Icefang113 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:29 am

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

by angomango21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:51 am

Guess I'm never gonna get a way point for my town...
angomango21
Resident

by Epicface_2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Zerg can never get around to giving me a waypoint, he's always to busy. Icefang, next time you and I are both on, can you check out my waypoint. Thanks!

Epicface_2
Resident

by Jyecanhasacookie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:16 am

when the town is verified, will the owner of the town have the option to ask an admin or mod to disown or remove inactive players property in way of new plots?
Jyecanhasacookie

by AmericanCrafter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:19 pm

AmericanCrafter
Resident

by tehQsxf » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Yay all we need is a beacon :D
tehQsxf

tehQsxf
Resident

by AmericanCrafter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Last edited by AmericanCrafter on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmericanCrafter
Resident

Next

Return to Archives