[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - New Continent?

New Continent?

New Continent?

by iExspee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 am

I was talking to some of the guys in donor chat yesterday and today, and most of us could agree on a new map. Ever since we got the NC map, things seem to be much more clustered and messy. We were all thinking of a brand new map, with no items taken from the current one. Personally I think this would be a great new start for everyone on the server.

Pros:
- You can actually get horses
- Better new improved terrain generation since 1.4
- More land to choose than before
- To improve what you messed up for in the current map.

Cons:
- The project you're working on will be gone
- Your items will be gone.

I think a brand new map is really what the server needs. If you don't agree on a whole new map, maybe we can settle for another continent.
Last edited by iExspee on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

Re: New Map?

by TimmyTopHat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am

Or perhaps instead of a whole new continent (Which would certainly add to the server lag), perhaps add separate "worlds", akin to the standard world and the regen world. Then, each world could run independent of each other. Just a thought.
TimmyTopHat

by Romedy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

I may object to an entirely new map. I understand the draw, though.

My current project has been my only project for 3 months. It is intricate and would be exceptionally difficult to reproduce. If I could actually have my major structures moved, I would get behind the idea. However, if you make an exception for me, then ...

I've done some reading on the Bukkit forums, It looks like if we want horses on Kreatious, we will need to either expand the map with lots of plains, or be able to /home with horses from the mine world.
Romedy

by iExspee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:45 am

iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by Nezark123 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 am

How are things more clustered and messy with the addition of NC as opposed to OC? I think NC is fine as it is, and we shouldn't need a whole new map for quite a while...

Consider me biased, I will openly admit I am, but I have ALOT of stuff I've gathered in my home on nc. The majority of my hours spent here was to work on what I have now. This might put new players on a more level playing field, so that they don't have to catch up to everyone else, but frankly, I had to gain on those who already had a lot myself. Starting entirely from new with all of my current items gone would pretty much be infuriating, I would've wasted all my hours on this server just to let horses into the map freely... Again, I see where it wouldn't hurt those that haven't gathered much, but for those who have accomplished a lot, giving up all of the work just for horses and less clutter definitely isn't worth it.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by SatansSprite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:28 am

I could get behind a new continent. A whole brand new map? Heck no, that would just be too much. But a new continent is something I would think would be feasible.
SatansSprite

by zuko135 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 pm

I'd just say a bigger map expansion and roll back the old map, we give everyone with stuff in the OC like a certain period of time to get everything they need from there (or all of it) and after that, roll it back. Then have horses spawn there and lets have horses able to be teleported or have some way to transport them (Like a huge bridge or something, I don't know)
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by iExspee » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 am

iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by eeeezypeezy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:44 pm

The OC seems like a total ghost town every time I've visited it, is there still a community that plays there?
eeeezypeezy

by masy1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 pm

I say yeah, no items, new world.
But keep the no item rule only for a month or so.
I also agree with whoever said they could be different worlds like /mine
masy1
Veteran Donor

Next

Return to Archives