[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Petition to stop Kick/Ban Wars

Petition to stop Kick/Ban Wars

35%
65%

Total votes : 40

Petition to stop Kick/Ban Wars

by MamaElm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:19 am

MamaElm

Re: Petition to stop Kick/Ban Wars

by Haytred88 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:26 am

Signed, this server is awesome but I feel the mods should use their "power" for helping ppl, not trolling/spamming people. Outside of cruiserman and 3rods, the only thing I have seen mods do is kick each other. In fact someone was on today spamming another server while 2 Cmods were on and nothing happened, in fact a donor had to step up and asked them to stop advertising and to leave. Maybe keep a tighter leash on those Mods?
Haytred88

by 007coolcube » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:20 am

Look, all the mods do when they log on is get yelled at by rsd and defaults to fix greif, We are taking TIME out of our minecraft play time to help YOU. And when we do finally get to have some fun, we get yelled at. Its not our fault that you freeze, you should fix that!

as for hay, i have been sick for the past 2 days and have been on my ipod. Ive wanted to demote my self just for this period of time. Also, A tighter leash on mods? PFFFFT.
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by Icefang113 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 am

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

by MamaElm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 am

I understand both of your arguments, but why kicking? I don't get it at all. How does abusing your power, spamming chat for everyone, help you blow off steam?

As for all the stress and time given, I appreciate what you guys do, but you have to realize it is just a game, it isn't your full time job to mod this server on minecraft, I can't see how any amount of stress could amount on you.

I mod several things, chatrooms on sites, forum sites for GuildWars, Guilds on Guildwars, a server on Minecraft, several smaller chatrooms, and there are always problems and questions to answer, but I never let it get me stressed out to the point that I'd take it out on my members.

(ALSO, just the fact that you both ignored me, and then joked about it to the extent that it could be called being made fun of, after I asked you to stop, that is what really gets to me. I've never had a single run-in with the rules on this server, I listen, I am respectful, I help other members, and when I ask you to stop something, and I have a perfectly good reason, you laugh it off and continue. It is very disrespectful to me simply as a person, let alone a member of your server)
MamaElm

by iExspee » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 am

Who the hell cares!? I know it's only some people trying to have fun with the game. I vote that they can do kick wars because some people just wanna have fun!
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by zuko135 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:44 am

Yea, kick wars are for entertainment and just to have a fun time, IT'S MINECRAFT PEOPLE! I vote no.
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by Icefang113 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 pm

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

by Haytred88 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I have seen someone get a small ban for repeatedly logging in/out, because its spamming (the /ban reason was for spam). So how does what y'all do for "fun" not fall under the same category of spam? If you guys want to have fun by all means have fun, but do not put yourself above the rules. Mods are looked up to (or at least they should be) and they should honestly "lead by example". If a new player joins the server, and is greeted by a wall of kick spam, from the mods none the less, what does that tell him about the server? I personally do not have a problem with you kicking each other for fun, as long as its few and far between, when my whole entire extended chat pane is full of nothing but kicks, disconnected from server, and connected to server messages, THAT is spam, and THAT is what I have a problem with.

PS: Don't use the excuse "Everyone crys to me all day to fix stuff". That is your job, you knew exactly what it entailed when you accepted that privilege.
Haytred88

by Minerdomera » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Why are you making a big deal out of this? it's just something Mods and us Cmods do for fun. i don't know what's wrong on your end that makes you lag, but that is not a problem that anyone else is experiencing. as for flooding the chat, a kick only takes 2 lines, and usually they don't flood the chat unless there's at least 4 mods or more, all participating in it, which is rare. now, maybe it would be nice if we had silent kicks, or a /option kickmessage/banmessage but other than that, i don't find it to be a big deal.
Minerdomera

Next

Return to Archives