Changing the requirements for veterancy?

Re: Changing the requirements for veterancy?

by mattchuu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:27 am

I asked Krisst that. I still don't understand what he said.... :lol:

But really, Almost all Vtn's have a past, and though i think it can help decide a vtn, i don't think it should limit people from becoming a vtn
mattchuu
Veteran

by Shadowofrsr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:43 am

I think that a players past shouldn't effect them as far getting veteran I also feel that yes Vtn+ should need suggest the player but I think letting a large portion of the community vote on who gets it sounds like a good idea
Shadowofrsr
Resident

by Snakejay » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:01 am

ehh, that is alot of vtns per month. Maybe make another rank in between? Been suggested before and shut down :3
Snakejay
Veteran

by mattchuu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 am

It's just like another Rsd rank, it's there but only to make people feel special. Same with vtn as well i guess.
mattchuu
Veteran

by tomvanberkel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:19 pm

You could make the vtn+ make a list of potentials and have the rsd+ vote for 1 and vtn+ decide the other.
every 2 months 2 new vtns would be ok. That would be 12 a year if they all stick around.
To be eligable for nomination they should have a minimum of x hours/months played and be very active on the server.
tomvanberkel

by SonicFF7 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah, 30 Vtns per month? What!? That's WAY to much... Maybe 1 or 2 for month, depending on who qualify. If we got that much Vtns we would have so many Mods. >.> People will also think it's an easy rank to get. <.<
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by zerg960 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Hm.

What if, every month, I give Vtn+ a list of 20-60 names... then they pick who they like to be considered for general voting by the community and tell me..
Then I go make a poll in the forums with the top 10 names and rsd+ can vote on as many as they like to be veteran, and then the top winners (# to be picked by me as appropriate to make it seem difficult to get veteran; not a specific number like top 5 or top 3, if there's not a clear cut division in votes, noone'll win o.o) become veteran.

Would this work out well?
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

by heisan213 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah, sounds fair enough

Vote for kreatious now! \/
heisan213
Resident

by kieranchocian » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 pm

But that's a popularity contest. I don't often play with people; neither do some others. I pretty much have a 0% chance, unless some of the Veterans see how I'm like as a person. The veterans will see a friend and vote for him to be in the top 10.

Just an opinion.
kieranchocian
Veteran

by mattchuu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 pm

The whole process of becoming a vtn is a popularity contest. The idea behind a vtn is that everyone knows them and is liked and trusted.
mattchuu
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Archives