Warning: Remove Java

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Warning: Remove Java

by briley0407 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Hackers are now lurking in the shadows of Java. I HIGHLY Recommend you remove so you won't get hacked. Yes, I know, Minecraft runs with Java. I'm trying to help you out. Also don't try and download Java.

EDIT:
Bunneh: No.
Kieran: I'm not gonna close it ever. I'm gonna let it die out and when Java gets hacked again I will bump.
Last edited by briley0407 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
^steam account friend me C:
briley0407

Re: Warning: Remove Java

by malandrix_bunny » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

No offense... But do you know a SINGLE thing about computers? You know that virus lurk in windows, mac, C#, C++, C+ and more. There is no need to overreact over a virus going through java if you download something. Please end this post.
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by kieranchocian » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:48 am

Don't end the post. I read that the java thing is mostly web-based. Some websites will have a hostile java applet on them, and can thus give you a virus. Disable java on your web browser (you can definitely do this on FIrefox).
kieranchocian
Veteran

by aceflamingo23 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 am

no nothing is wrong this is all lies to make people paranoid all is well move along please remove this post
aceflamingo23

by tempestfeir » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 am

Absolutely Paranoia based people, sure go ahead uninstall it, for those of you who are less paranoid, and use firefox, there is a plugin called No-Script, It essentially Blocks every single website from loading java/flash based compenents, and you have to use it like you use bookmarks, trust every website you want to trust, and dont trust advertisements, This program however is not for the technically incompetent, and is not user friendly
tempestfeir
Resident

Return to Off-Topic