[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - [How-To] Tips-architecture in houses

[How-To] Tips-architecture in houses

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

[How-To] Tips-architecture in houses

by sschoedel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm

I hope this topic will help make you a better architect!

Now lets get started

CONSISTENCY

Make sure your buildings keep the same design throughout-you don't want to switch themes in the middle of a build

REALISM

Keep your buildings realistic-don't make random ledges with no supports or realistic way of keeping it standing

SYMMETRY

Not all buildings use symmetry, and it's not always a good thing to.-If symmetry is used too much, it could look too plain, but if there is not enough symmetry in the building, then it could look too unbalanced. This goes with consistency and using the same block type.

TEXTURE

Texture is important because it shows the designers taste and how they handle a situation-do not use two block types that don't mix

ADDITIONS

The little things count-use bushes or flowers and lights(lamps, glowstone, etc) to spice up the atmosphere around your project

INTERIOR

To spice up your project even more, add furniture and rooms that would be in a normal house-create bedrooms, kitchens, and anything else to help add depth to the build

I hope this helped you make better looking architecture. I'll add pictures for examples later. Feel free to give me more advice for making buildings, i love it!
Last edited by sschoedel on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
I can have signature?
sschoedel

Re: [How-To] Tips-architecture in houses

by Neko92 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 am

Kudos. Rather Helpful Idea. Though should include a video covering all this. or at the least, images. :D
Neko92
Veteran

by zuko135 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, I agree with Neko! :D

115% Agreed (<---- That's A LOT :o)
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by JUSTRON123 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Im planning on building this house in sunside, im wondering if it looks realistic

Heres the front

Spoiler:

And the Back

Spoiler:
JUSTRON123
Resident

by sschoedel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 pm

That's amazing! It might bypass a couple of stabilization laws on the inside, but it looks realistic on the outside :lol: I'd like to see more builds like that on the server ;)
I can have signature?
sschoedel

by pyrusbrawler30 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 pm

pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by pokeboy0217 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm

pokeboy0217

by gotmilkguy84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 am

t
Last edited by gotmilkguy84 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotmilkguy84
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am

One thing I'd like to point out, that may be worth noting. Symmetry is rarely as aesthetically pleasing as it may seem. It's important to have balance within different parts of your structure, but making things the exact same on both halves can often leave you with a somewhat boring looking house. (You've seen one half, so there's no need to even look at the other.)

What you could put, instead, is to be balanced with your building. Don't be symmetrical. For example, putting a dormer on one side of the roof, and off-setting it by making the entryway on the other side of the building. I like to call this 'organized chaos.' It's essentially where you randomize just enough to keep the structure interesting, but not so much that it looks like a mess.

Another tip you might add, is to observe observe observe. The absolute best way to improve, is to look at what other players have built, and find things that you like, and dislike about them. Take what you like, and incorporate it into your own style. (Creative mode is a handy tool here, for testing designs.) And take what you may not like, and consider things that the creator could have done to make it look better. Always look at things this way, but try to avoid copying. Like a quote I heard once, "Stealing ideas from one person is 'plagiarism', but stealing from many people is 'research'."

Here's a video I've personally referred to many times while molding my architectural style. You should notice the similarities straight off the bat.

Hope this helps, and happy building, everybody.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by modded_pizza » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

ctzn?! i think not :I
modded_pizza

Next

Return to Help Desk and FAQ