[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Using farms what exploit bugs

Using farms what exploit bugs

General discussion about Kreatious!

Using farms what exploit bugs

by Kassu233 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:40 pm

So, i saw this video on YT; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtBS62Xyoa4
...and the first thing what popped into my mind after watching it was:
Could i use this on kreatious?

I mean, why not? While obsidian farms were functional, (nearly) everybody used them, and how did they work?
They exploited a glitch.

As well as with this farm, all it really does is make sand, into red sand, by exploiting a glitch.

On paper, same functionality, but take for example rail duping machines, while on paper they do the exact same as these farms do, exploit a glitch, it duplicates items, what is strictly against Kreatious' rules, so, where is the line drawn?
As long as it is not strictly against Kreatious' rules, can you use these kinds of machines?
Kassu233
Resident

Re: Using farms what exploit bugs

by V3N0M_123 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:04 pm

A lot of people use it already, one of those being me, had no conplaints so
V3N0M_123
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Allowed, confirmed by zerg.
maxmmm1501

by Kassu233 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:10 am

i think that tells enough
taken from TS
Kassu233
Resident

by Neko92 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:29 am

Neko92
Veteran

by teknix » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:22 pm

One of the attributes that makes this work is the fact that sand changes state when it falls. That is where replacing the red sand block with the yellow sand block takes advantage and changes the data value. Colored blocks like wool or clay won't fall so there will not be a state change. There are a couple of tricks to push anvils with a piston, but because it is not really designed to be moved or fall this way, there is no state change if it is dropped. I am not 100% on this and I will play with it some to confirm, but I am fairly certain that this is the case.
teknix
Donor

by Kassu233 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Kassu233
Resident

by Neko92 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:02 am

@Teknix Im not aware of a piston pushing anvils to reset the ID, I'm referring a different method. Talked to a few mods on server and Wubbie said she'd talk to Zerg about it on top of all the plugin fixing they are working on. But the possible existence only proves the point that If one method exists, others do. So where is the line drawn at what is or is not allowed. :>

@Kassu Precisely. I witnessed a player way back in 2014 show me one that Changed Wool colours, on the server. He voluntarily destroyed it after without fuss. Making the tedious task(to some?) of collecting dyes obsolete Since you would only need to have one of that colour. Now we have more colourful blocks that that same process can be potentially replicated.
Whether or not the same system that player used works still or not I Do Not Know. But where there is something, there is someone trying to cheat at it.
Neko92
Veteran

by teknix » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:11 pm

I completely understand. I thought you were speaking specifically about the method shown in the red sand trick but I know that there are other tricks to change values. I don't think you can change the value with pushing an anvil, I was just saying that there are ways to push the anvil.

They are cool tricks, but they do not really make a difference to me. I joined the server to have a place to play without being tempted to just spawn stuff in. I have my own server for that.
teknix
Donor

Return to General Discussion