Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

Bored? Want to have some fun? Play some forum games here!

Re: Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

by McCoy1996 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:52 am

Well, here is what I think... It might be possible... Reason? Life doesnt have to be what we think it is. Life would definitely have formed a different way than it has on earth. There may be another way how the first form of life was made. The story would definitely he different, and the end result would not be human. But there is one universal thing, energy! Life requires energy to perform. How a life form gets that energy doesnt really matter, energy is energy. They could break down different substances to get energy. I guess what I am trying to say is that what we know probably doesnt apply to everything.

My vote? Its possible.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by GoldenGuy45 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:32 am

I for one am pretty sure that there IS life out there. i mean the universe is so big, and so many solar systems and galaxies. just because HUMANS need certain variables, maybe there is a species out there that does not need air, or water, or anything to eat. the possibilities are endless. the world may one day find out. i mean the world is progressing so fast now, and with modern science i don't think we will find any evidence. But, in the future, maybe hundreds or thousands of years from now, we might have enough advanced technology that we may find life. not to mention the scientific theory, the multi-virse. there is bound to be life. and one night at dinner my family came up with the topic of life outside of Earth. my mom said that God was way too awesome to only create one planet that has life. and if there is life out there, and we find them... we are the aliens. we are the ones intruding on there home planet. aliens right now as we speek could be listening to the first radio brodcasts that were first aired in the 50's(the 50's right?)... it just makes me wonder.

Aliens--very possible and could be living with us today as we speak (M.I.B reference lol). hiding. watching and waiting.
Everything starts, with an idea
GoldenGuy45

by Mythic316 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:06 am

How do you start a fresh poll
Last edited by Mythic316 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by Neko92 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:01 am

For Topic: Are Computers are very important in education?

I would say no... purely based on the fact that some of the smartest people in history never needed them to get where they did.
Also the fact that I didn't need one for my k-12 education. 3rd grade I remember a optional thing for tessellations because computers in school was new for us at the time. By 8th grade we had started using them.

I will say yes because it will give slightly a more hands on feel to education. Presuming internet browsing is controlled. For example, if the teacher uses a word one student doesnt know. they can google it, thus eliminating time consuming lectures about latin roots to words. Also would save from having to goto computer labs.

However for specific reasons such as conservation, Yes! definitely. They would greatly decrease paper waste from schools, and eliminate the need for power wasting photo copiers, printers, and powerpoint style presentations help eliminate toxins them addictive permanent markers give off.
However I'm straying off topic a bit so I'll end it here.
Neko92
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:10 am

*LOCKED*
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

Previous

Return to Forum Games