[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

Bored? Want to have some fun? Play some forum games here!

Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

by Mythic316 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:16 pm

So this is a new things that I have been seeing on other forums and it seems pretty fun. So I decided to try it on this forum and see how popular it will get.

I am too lazy too define what 'Debate' means so here an example from dictionary.com :lol:
Spoiler:
a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports.
a formal contest in which the affirmative and negative sides of a proposition are advocated by opposing speakers.
deliberation; consideration.
Archaic . strife; contention.

So this is the debate topic: Do you think there are other forms of life outside our solar system?

And once again the debate topic will change every Sunday. I will also be putting up a poll for the following debate question. So good luck!
Last edited by Mythic316 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 am, edited 12 times in total.
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

Re: Debate Topic of the Week (will change every Sunday)

by Fluffy977 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Moved from 'Off-Topic' to 'Forum Games'
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by Mythic316 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:47 pm

All right I will start :P

So I believe that there are other forms of life outside of our solar system. If people think about it Earth is just one drop of our universe. There could be a place like star wars and start trek. I mean we have not even gone passed the mars. There could be other forms of life on planets near us like Europa. All eh aliens could be under the thick layer of ice. And has anyone thought about pluto :P

Mythic316

by tjasra » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:46 pm

tjasra
Donor

by kenny0011 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

Urg... the universe iz big.

There has to be at least one other planet like earth out der.
kenny0011
Donor

by SirDukem » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm

I said yes. I just left Droumand Kass, and I'm on Balmora. I've seen life on both planets! I also have bounties to hunt on 2 other planets currently. :twisted:

Edit: Teehee, but seriously, I am fascinated by astronomy. I haven't seen proof of life anywhere else, but then again, I do think there is some sort of life around. I even think there may be life in Andromeda. And that's just next door!
SirDukem
Veteran

by kieranchocian » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Umm, have you seen Star Wars? There are clearly live forms on Tatooine, Alderaan and many more!

In all seriousness; although it's not a fact, I am pretty certain that there is. There are so many planets in star systems, a lot of star systems in galaxies and so many galaxies in he universe. We can't be the only life form, we just can't!
kieranchocian
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Cmon people we need people to go against this

Mythic316

by SirDukem » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Um, ok!

I've never seen any proof that life exists on any other planet.

Since the human body cannot function at 0g for long enough to sustain a distant space voyage, we may never know.
With that being said, Humans are the most superior, and intelligent species on all of Earth, and if our bodies cannot handle it, I don't think that IF there were any other life forms out there, they would be able to travel to us either.

Additionally, Earth has a TON of space debris in the inner Earth orbit, which can easily been seen by any astronomer. If there were other forms of life, I would assume we'd be able to see their space debris too.

Also, the chances of any inhabitable planet existing other than Earth is astronomically small (pardon the pun!). There are BILLIONS of factors that make the Earth inhabitable, (self-supporting eco-system, consistent temperature, a non-harmful atmosphere, to name just a couple).

Sure, there have been planets found with the same exact atmosphere, and nitrogen-oxygen mixture as Earth, but that one planet has no land, it's purely made of water, down to the core of the planet which is Ice. There's also another planet very similar to Earth's land-water make-up, but it is on an elliptical orbit, making the temperature have a VERY wide range, and only livable for 2 or 3 thirds of it's year.

So NO, I don't think there are other life forms out there, because I have not seen one simple piece of evidence to support that claim!

(That better jhall? :P)
SirDukem
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:26 pm

HECK YES!!!!!!!! but you probably wont win :lol:

Mythic316

Next

Return to Forum Games